Norah Gross submits story to "$1000 for 1000 Words Writing Contest" - brings home Honorable Mention. Click the headline to read more.
Click the headline to review the District's ongoing communication and planning related to the coronavirus.
Would you recognize signs of youth alcohol or drug use in your home? The All In Clayton Coalition can help.
Hannah Moon and Vivian Wang of WMS were selected out of 476 competitive entries. Click the headline to read more.
The Wydown sixth-grade Chess Team earned the second place trophy despite being short handed for the duration of the league tournament. Click on the headline to learn more.
For the second straight year, the Wydown seventh- and eighth-grade team claimed the title of top chess team in their division. Click on the headline to learn more.
** Announcements will be updated by 10:00am each school day **
Announcements – Tuesday, March 10
* Students, please check your email for a message from Dr. Jones listing all items you have checked out from the Information Commons Library. Please return any items you no longer need and pay for any lost or damaged items as soon as possible. We will be mailing overdue notices to parents next week.
* The Wydown PTO and the Wydown Counseling Department are sponsoring a Personal Care Items Drive for our pantry from March 2-12. Sixth grade first hour classes will be competing with one another in a friendly competition to see who can bring in the most items. The winning class will get a "sweet treat" from the counseling office. 7th and 8th graders, please drop your items in the blue bins in the Atrium.
Wildcat Robotics team finished 4th in their division going 4-1 and beating last years world champions along the way. Finishing 4th is a huge accomplishment and made them an alliance captain. They lost in the semis of our division to the 2nd place team. They finished the day ranked 7th out of 48 teams at the competition and finished ranked 17th in the state out of 213 teams.
* Basketball players turn in your uniforms
* Christian Club and Comic Con Club are canceled this week.
* Tonight is the last night for the activity bus. Due to PT conferences on Wednesday and Thursday there will be no after school activities
This section of the website is used for posting breaking news and urgent announcements for parents, students and staff such as school closings, activity cancellations or when a school may be experiencing technical issues with its email or phone systems. This section will display this standard message if there is no breaking news or urgent announcement to report.