One option for addressing inclement weather is opening on a snow schedule. If the weather or the roads are not severe enough to warrant cancellation, but problematic enough to cause delays, this option will give students and staff additional time to get to school. The announcement that the School District of Clayton is opening on a snow schedule will be made at the same time and via the same channels that are used to announce school closings. Please review the following items so that you can better understand what would happen if the District opens on a “Snow Schedule:”
- All schools will start one hour late.
Building Opens Classes Begin Family Center 9:45 a.m. 9:45 a.m. Elementary Schools 9:20 a.m. 9:40 a.m. Wydown Middle School 8:30 a.m. 9:15 a.m. Clayton High School 8:30 a.m. 9:15 a.m.
- All staff may delay the time they report to work by up to one hour to allow for weather-related travel conditions.
- VICC buses and the Meramec bus will pick up one hour late.
- There will be no before-school childcare provided at the Family Center or any elementary school.
- All before-school meetings, programs, sports practices and activities are canceled, including:
- KidZone at Captain, Meramec and the Family Center/CHS
- GCC at Glenridge
- Zero-hour classes as Clayton High School
- All after-school meetings, programs, sports practices and activities will proceed as scheduled unless additional inclement weather causes the District to cancel after school and evening activities/programs at some point during the day.