Clayton’s Technology Vision
Technology serves as a powerful learning tool in a dynamic community where all children and adults work and learn together. It enables learners to build and share understandings and facilitates the mastery of specific content learning outcomes. It supports generalized learning outcomes by promoting an increase in interest and motivation, by strengthening process and thinking skills, by providing a format for helping students make connections and apply knowledge, by providing opportunities to solve problems and engage in simulations, by strengthening the development of the inquiry process and skills, and by allowing students to communicate, synthesize, and create. It empowers learners by expanding resources, improving communication, and providing greater versatility in the curriculum. Technology connects home, school, and the world and supports learning as a continuous, lifelong process.
What We Believe About Technology
Technology is rapidly changing the way we learn, teach and work. Instructional technology is a tool that supports the learner in constructing meaning in a purposeful way. It motivates and empowers all members of our learning community to explore, experiment, and connect with the larger global community.
We believe that instructional technology is most effective when it
- addresses individual and group needs with regard to learning and teaching styles;
- is integrated into the curriculum as an invisible yet powerful tool;
- encourages students and staff to access, interpret, apply, evaluate, and create information;
- supports all learners in contributing to a productive and creative learning environment; and
- is readily accessible to everyone.
Technology is most effective when supported by a continually evolving District plan for resource acquisition, technical support, and professional development.