The School District of Clayton began a two-year, multi-phase Long Range Planning Process in January 2012. Phase One of that process has focused on articulating and refining the District’s mission, vision and core values. CLAYTON360 has allowed the entire Clayton community to have thoughtful conversation about who we are (mission), what we want to be (vision) and what are the fundamental ideals we embrace as we do our work (core values). The mission, vision and core values guide the work of the District and Board of Education. A team of community members, parents, staff, administrators and students presented initial drafts to the Board in June 2012. The final, revised draft statements reflected input from the community that was collected via the District’s website and from focus groups and input from the Board of Education that was provided at their October 24 meeting. These final statements were approved by the Board of Education on Nov. 7.As a community, the students, staff, parents and patrons of the School District of Clayton are united in our commitment to student learning. Our mission, vision and core values embody why we are here, what we want our students to become and the principles that guide our work.
We inspire each student to love learning and embrace challenge within a rich and rigorous academic culture.
We develop leaders who shape the world through independence, creativity and critical thinking.
We model and promote
- excellence by challenging our students and ourselves to meet the highest expectations of our community.
- trust by building relationships based on integrity, mutual respect and open communication.
- inclusiveness by valuing individual differences and the contributions of a diverse student body and staff.
- innovation by encouraging ideas and practices that foster adaptability.
- accountability by aligning our actions and resources with our stated objectives and taking responsibility for the outcomes.
The School District of Clayton ... Setting the standard for a world-class education.