The School District of Clayton is proud to partner with Oasis, a national education organization dedicated to enriching the lives of adults age 50 and older through lifelong learning and service. Clayton and Oasis team up to serve Clayton students through a variety of programs and services. Read more below!
Intergenerational Tutoring Program
"Making a Difference, One Child at a Time"
Help a child learn to read! Oasis tutors enjoy the rewarding experience working with students in kindergarten through fourth grades at Clayton's three elementary schools. The focus of the Oasis program is to build reading skills, self-esteem and a positive attitude toward reading.
- Tutors select the school and time they want to tutor.
- Tutors work with the same student all year.
- They tutor for half an hour each week.
- Tutors participate in tutor training in September.
- Tutors receive all materials plus continuing support from the School District of Clayton.
Experience the joy and satisfaction of being part of the Oasis Intergenerational Tutoring Program. For additional information, contact Meredith Reese in the Communications Department at email@example.com or (314) 854-6038 and or Lindsay Schuessler at (314) 854-6353.