Parents of Gifted Learners (PGL)
We are a parent-run organization that is open to all interested families.Our primary function is to build, support, and nurture a parent community to better support our children. We provide forums to:
Additionally, PGL collaborates with district staff and administration in an effort to support the academic and social-emotional needs of gifted learners.If you would like to be added to our email list, please click here.We subscribe to the Gifted Children's Bill of Rights written by Del Siegle, President of the National Association of Gifted Children (2007-2009), which says:
- get to know one another,
- explore issues pertaining to parenting a gifted child, and
- share resources.
You have a right to:
- know about your giftedness.
- learn something new every day.
- be passionate about your talent area without apologies.
- have an identity beyond your talent area.
- feel good about your accomplishments.
- make mistakes.
- seek guidance in the development of your talent.
- have multiple peer groups and a variety of friends.
- choose which of your talent areas you wish to pursue.
- not to be gifted at everything.