Parents of Gifted Learners (PGL) is a parent-run organization.
Our primary function is to build a parent community. We provide forums to:
- get to know one-another
- explore issues pertaining to parenting a gifted child
- share resources
Additionally, PGL collaborates with district staff and administration in an effort to support the academic and social-emotional needs of gifted learners.
- know about your giftedness.
- learn something new everyday.
- be passionate about your talent area without apologies.
- have an identity beyond your talent area.
- feel good about your accomplishments.
- make mistakes.
- seek guidance in the development of your talent.
- have multiple peer groups and a variety of friends.
- choose which of your talent areas you wish to pursue.
- not to be gifted at everything.