Employees of the School District of Clayton receive benefits from the district, including medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, term life insurance and disability insurance, which are detailed in the Employee Benefit Guide, which can be accessed through this link:
The School District of Clayton utilizes an online enrollment system for benefit enrollment. Benefit eligible employees are able to enroll during open enrollment and within 30 days of a qualifying life event. To enroll for benefits, you must log into Explain My Benefits which is accessible through this website Explain My Benefits or the Employee Portal.
Upon signing onto the enrollment site, you will be asked to review and update your personal information. As you progress through the site, you will be asked to:
- Add your covered dependent(s) with their social security number(s) and date(s) of birth;
- Add your beneficiary information for your life insurance;
- Elect your medical, dental, vision, and voluntary life insurance coverage;
- Review the basic life and accidental death and dismemberment, and long term disability benefits provided to you by the District;
- Elect your flexible spending account or health savings account payroll deduction amounts;
- Print forms (health savings account form, waiver form, narrow network acknowledgement form, and evidence of insurability form for voluntary life insurance); and,
- View your benefits summaries.
NOTE: If you are adding coverage for a spouse, you must provide the first two pages of your most recent income tax return and your marriage license. If you are adding coverage for a child, you must provide a birth certificate. Copies of these documents should also be sent to the attention of Cheryl Redohl in the Business Office.
The District covers all of the "Employee Only" cost of the Base PPO Medical, PPO Dental, and Vision plans.
Unused benefit allocation funds will be distributed over the course of the plan year on each pay date as taxable income.
If you participate in the health savings account, the District provided contribution will be $125 per month. This $125 per month contribution will be deducted from the allotment.
Stipend in Lieu of Benefits
The District is again offering a $1,800 stipend, to be paid over the course of the plan year on each pay date, to any employee who is eligible for insurance benefits, but who elects to waive the medical coverage, and can prove they are covered elsewhere.
The stipend will be paid as taxable income but is not considered income for retirement purposes.
To receive the stipend, a signed waiver is required, as is proof of coverage.
This is an annual election. Your signed waiver and proof of coverage is required every year. The waiver form can be found and printed from the Explain My Benefits enrollment site or through the "Click to Enroll" button on the Employee Portal.
Send your completed waiver form along with proof of current coverage to Cheryl Redohl in the Business Office, Admin Building, x6024. A copy of your current medical identification card is acceptable as proof of current coverage.