The School District of Clayton announced its revised free and reduced price policy for school children unable to pay the full price of meals served in schools under the National School Lunch Program and the School Breakfast Program.

    Local education officials have adopted the following family-size income criteria for determining eligibility:

    Maximum Household Income
    Eligible for Free Meals
     Maximum Household Income
    Eligible for Reduced Price Meals

    Annually Monthly Weekly  Annually Monthly Weekly
       $15,678  $1,307$302 $22,311 $1,860 $430
    2 21,1121,760 406 30,044 2,504 578
    3 26,546 2,213 511 37,777 3,149 727
     31,980 2,665 615 45,510 3,793 876
    5 37,414 3,118 720 53,243 4,437 1,024
    6 42,848 3,571 824 60,976 5,082 1,173
    7 48,282 4,024 929 68,709 5,726 1,322
    8 53,716 4,477 1,033 76,442 6,371 1,471
    Each add'l
     +5,434 +453
     +105 +7,733 +645 +149

    Children from families whose current income is at or below those shown are eligible for free or reduced price meals. Applications are available at the school office. To apply, fill out a Free and Reduced Price School Meals Family Application and return it to the school. The information provided on the application is confidential and will be used only for the purpose of determining eligibility. Applications may be submitted any time during the school year. A complete application is required as a condition of eligibility. A complete application includes: (1) household income from all sources or Food Stamp/Temporary Assistance case number, (2) names of all household members, and (3) the signature and last four digits of social security number or indication of no social security number of adult household member signing the application. School officials may verify current income at any time during the school year.

    Foster children may be eligible regardless of the income of the household with whom they reside.

    If a family member becomes unemployed or if family size changes, the family should contact the school to file a new application. Such changes may make the children of the family eligible for these benefits.

    Under the provisions of the policy, the Chief Financial Officer will review the applications and determine eligibility. If a parent is dissatisfied with the ruling of the determining official, they may wish to discuss the decision with the hearing official on an informal basis or he may make a request either orally or in writing to the Assistant Superintendent of Student Services whose address is:

    Kashina Bell
    Assistant Superintendent of Student Services
    The School District of Clayton
    #2 Mark Twain Circle
    Clayton, Missouri 63105

    Hearing procedures are outlined in the policy. A complete copy of the policy is on file in each school and in the central office where any interested party may review it.

    In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.
    Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.
    To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at:  http://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint filine_cust.html, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (566) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:
    (1)      mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture
    Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
    1400 Independence Avenue, SW
    Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;
    (2)      fax: (202) 690-7442; or
    (3)      email: [email protected].
    This institution is an equal opportunity provider.