The Office of Equity and Inclusion
The Chief Equity and Inclusion Officer holds an essential role in ensuring diversity, equity, and inclusion are, and remain, at the center of the work we do at the School District of Clayton. From managing the strategy around staff development related to issues of equity, anti-bias, and anti-racism to consulting on major initiatives from teaching and learning to school operations and youth development, this person will serve as a trusted advisor to many leaders in the District.
Cameron Poole, Ed.D.
Chief Equity and Inclusion Officer/ Title IX Coordinator
Follow me on Twitter @CP_EdEquity
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Evaluate systems, policies, and practices to ensure they meet the needs of diverse populations in the school community.
- Conduct routine and ad-hoc analysis of various sets of data.
- Plan and lead professional development around issues of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Manage and lead interest groups District-wide.
- Provide support, coaching, and consultation to leaders and staff.
- Serve as a regular and active listener to assess the effectiveness of the School District of Clayton’s work/approaches to equity, inclusion, antiracism and anti bias.
- Partner with internal stakeholders to integrate DEI into “business as usual” programs, initiatives, practices and policies.
- Work in collaboration with district superintendents and chief officers to ensure equity, inclusion, antiracism, and anti bias, is interwoven with all of their duties.