Technology Toolkit Timeline
The District has developed a three-phase plan for launching the technology toolkit in order to ensure the toolkit is implemented in the most effective way for students and staff. This plan will allow the District to maximize its existing resources while providing appropriate professional development opportunities for staff. The three-phase rollout also gives the District the flexibility to make adjustments to the toolkit based on evolving technology and the needs of each school.
Jan. 25, 2017
Spring 2017: Phase 1
- Infrastructure Upgrades: Technology Department will make infrastructure upgrades to the wireless internet at all District schools to support the increase in devices that will be added during the toolkit rollout.
- Internet Bandwidth Expansion: Upgrades to the internet bandwidth across the District will provide faster service for the increased number of devices.
- Additional Devices: The District will begin adding new devices to every school, which include iPads and Chromebooks.
2017-2018 School Year: Phase 2
- Student Email Addresses: In order to enhance security on all student accounts, the District will be changing the naming conventions for these accounts. All student accounts will include:
- First initial of the student’s first name
- First 17 letters of the student’s last name
- Two random digits
- Example: John Doe’s new account could be firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Additional Devices: The District will continue adding new devices to every school, which include, but are not limited to, iPads, Chromebooks and laptops.
2018-2019 School Year: Phase 3
- One-to-One Program at Clayton High School: The District will initiate a one-to-one (device-to-student) program at Clayton High School using the Chromebooks added to the school’s portfolio during Phases 1 and 2.
- Additional Devices: Every school will continue to receive new devices during this phase, which include, but are not limited to, iPads, Chromebooks and laptops.