Office of the Superintendent
The superintendent is the School District of Clayton's instructional leader and chief executive officer. The superintendent is responsible for the quality of the District's curriculum, educational programs and support systems, the management of the schools and the administration of all District policies and procedures.
Sean N. Doherty, Ed.D.
Executive Assistant to the Superintendent
It is the superintendent's responsibility to recommend policies to the Board of Education and, when adopted by the Board, implement, interpret and execute them. As the only employee hired and supervised by the Board, the superintendent provides leadership and counsel to the Board in the development of the District's mission and goals. Additionally, the superintendent provides professional support and advice on all matters considered at the Board table.
The superintendent is responsible for the direct supervision of the following personnel:
- Assistant Superintendent of Teaching and Learning
- Assistant Superintendent of Student Services
- Assistant Superintendent of Human Resources
- Chief Communications Officer
- Chief Financial Officer
- Chief Technology Officer
- Building Principals/Family Center Director
- Executive Assistant to the Superintendent