PAAS+ Big Ideas
Below are some of the Big Ideas we are looking forward to exploring and to expanding with the even better ideas that you bring to us. Please mark where you can help, and share your comments. Join us in transforming the PAAS+ Big Ideas into Actions, starting NOW!
- Student-to-Student: Tutoring programs at schools (eighth-grade and sixth-grade math buddies) or older-to-younger student forums (alumni or senior panel at the high school).
- Family-to-Family: Connect seasoned families with new ones. Consider zip code connections and/or periodic school-based conversations.
- Academic Strength: Parent sharing nights so parents have the basics they need to support their child at home (ideas on study time and space, what to expect with homework, practical curriculum basics, website supports, who to call/what to do when you are stumped).
- Speakers and Topics: Ideas for next year include “What Resources are Out There” (hear from VICC on counselors and other family supports) and an “Our Stories” event.
- Social: Just for fun…and maybe for “fun”draising (preschool scholarships, summer opportunities, college visits or assistance, culturally responsive libraries, etc.).
- A Seat at the Table: Identify school/District events and groups for PAAS+ parent awareness and participation, including school PTOs, relevant Board of Education meetings and other leadership/information sharing events.
- Seasonal Topics and Information Sharing: Right now, we’re focusing on summer opportunities!
- Your Ideas: Your suggestions for additional events or programs to consider.