Second Grade comes to music for thirty minutes two times a week between 2:20-3:20. In Second Grade, students concentrate on using their singing voice to make music. We explore some of the classroom instruments (drums, triangles, xylophones, rhythms sticks.) We will begin to read simple melodies on the xylophones. Ask your student to share a song with you!
What are we learning in Music this year?
• Students will perform and recognize steps, leaps and repeats
• Students will perform music that has high and low pitches in melodies
• Students will recognize and perform quarter note/rest and eighth notes
• Students will recognize and perform music in sets of two and three
• Students will recognize and perform repeat signs, solo/chorus and verse/refrain
• Students will identify and demonstrate piano, forte, crescendo and diminuendo
• Students will perform melodic ostinato