Welcome to Music Kindergarten!
August is an exciting month for our Meramec students. It is especially exciting for Kindergarten families. Kindergarten comes to music for thirty minutes three times a week between 1:20-2:20. Students will learn about their singing voice and feeling the beat of the music this month. Ask your student to share a song with you!
What are we learning in Music this year?
• Students will perform and recognize high and low pitches
• Students will recognize and perform steady beat and no beat
• Students will perform question answer songs and rhymes
(example: Who Stole the Cookie)
• Students will identify and demonstrate singing, whispering, calling speaking voice
• Students will identify and perform music that is loud and soft
• Students will identify and perform music that is fast and slow tempo