General Guidelines1. School begins at 8:40 a.m. and is dismissed at 3:30 p.m.2. Bicycle riders are expected to walk the bicycles on school grounds. Bicycles are to be put in the bicycle rack immediately upon arrival at school. Helmets are recommended. Skateboards and/or roller blades may not be used during school hours or when children are gathering for or leaving school.
3. Crossing guards are stationed at the intersections of Glenridge/Oxford and Wydown/Edgewood. Hours are 8:00-8:45 a.m. and 3:30-4:00 p.m.
4. A small breakfast may be purchased before school. Lunches may either be purchased at school or brought from home.
5. Daily outdoor recesses are scheduled each day.
6. Play equipment such as balls and jump ropes may be brought from home. Absolutely no sharp objects such as knives or play guns are allowed on school property.
7. All school absences must be confirmed with a note upon return.
8. All visitors are welcome but need to check in at the office upon arrival.
9. Chewing gum should not be brought to school unless indicated by the teacher.
10. A report on each child's progress is provided at the end of each quarter. At the end of the first and third quarters, parent/teacher conferences are held; written reports are distributed at the end of the second and fourth quarters.