Winter Weather and School Closing Procedures
When a snow schedule is announced, starting times for all schools will be one hour later than normal. Click here for more more information about opening on a Snow Schedule. School will still be let out at the regular time. Voluntary transfer students and students riding the Meramec bus should report to their regular stop one hour later than their normally scheduled pick-up time. All before-school meetings, programs, sports practices and activities are canceled, and there is no before-school childcare provided at the Family Center or any elementary school. Please check this site or tune to local media for information on school closings.
On days that the District is closed or on a snow schedule, SchoolMessenger, the District’s broadcast telephone messaging system, will call and email all District families as soon as a decision is made to announce a closing or late start. Evening events and activities are also canceled unless otherwise noted on the District website or in the closing announcement.
The School District of Clayton also posts school closings information on the following:
- Radio: KMOX (1120 AM)
- Television: KTVI (Channel 2), KMOV (Channel 4), KSDK (Channel 5), KPLR (Channel 11) and KDNL (Channel 30)
- Facebook: facebook.com/claytonschools
- Twitter: @claytonschools
- District Website: claytonschools.net
Often the timing of a winter storm will be such that the District will cancel after-school and evening activities in order for students and staff to be able to get home safely. A decision to cancel after-school or evening activities will usually be made by 2 or 2:30 p.m. on the day in question. Canceling after-school and evening activities applies to all District meetings and events, school meetings and events, school clubs, activities, athletic practices and games. KidZone and GCC will remain open until their regular closing times but parents are encouraged to pick their children up early if possible.
- All schools will start one hour late.
|Building Opens||Classes Begin|
| ||Family Center||9:45 a.m.||9:45 a.m.|
|Elementary Schools||9:20 a.m.||9:40 a.m.|
| Wydown Middle School
||8:30 a.m.||9:20 a.m.
| Clayton High School
||8:30 a.m.||9:15 a.m.|
- All staff may delay the time they report to work by up to one hour to allow for weather-related travel conditions.
- VICC buses and the Meramec bus will pick up one hour late.
- There will be no before-school childcare provided at the Family Center or any elementary school.
- All before-school meetings, programs, sports practices and activities are canceled, including:
- KidZone at Captain, Meramec and the Family Center/CHS
- GCC at Glenridge
- Zero-hour classes as Clayton High School
- All after-school meetings, programs, sports practices and activities will proceed as scheduled unless additional inclement weather causes the District to cancel after school and evening activities/programs at some point during the day.