The School District of Clayton Health and Physical Education program includes all health and physical educators who collaborate to provide high-quality learning experiences for Clayton students. All learners will have opportunities to experience success and growth that will help them develop high levels of personal meaning, health and well-being, and an appropriate basis for developing a healthy lifestyle.
Listed below are the Enduring Understandings of the P.E. curriculum. These are statements that summarize important ideas and core processes that are central to a discipline and have lasting value beyond the classroom.
A physically literate individual…
(Adapted from SHAPE America’s student-friendly national standards for physical education)
- uses a variety of skills to participate in physical activities.
- knows how to move and use strategies when they play games.
- knows and practices the skills that help them maintain a healthy lifestyle.
- acts fairly, responsibly, and respectfully when they participate in activities.
- knows why it is important to be physically active.
Individuals who are physically literate move with competence and confidence in a wide variety of physical activities in multiple environments (land, water, air, snow, and ice) that benefit the healthy development of the whole person. (PHE Canada