Third-Grade Music Learning Objectives
and expression through music and movement is an important part of
growth and brain development. Students in music learn, develop and
improve motor skills. The music curriculum provides all students the
musical opportunities and experiences necessary to become informed
consumers, creators and/or performers of music.
- Perform and recognize steps, leaps and repeats.
- High and low pitches in melodies
- Recognize and perform quarter whole note/rest and dotted half note.
- Recognize bar lines, measures and time signature.
- Recognize and perform song form AB and ABA.
- Recognize double barlines.
- Identify and demonstrate ritardando, accelerando and fermata.