First-Grade Music Learning Objectives
and expression through music and movement is an important part of
growth and brain development. Students in music learn, develop and
improve motor skills. The music curriculum provides all students the
musical opportunities and experiences necessary to become informed
consumers, creators and/or performers of music.
- Perform and recognize upward and downward movement.
- High and low pitches in melodies
- Recognize and perform quarter note/rest and eighth notes.
- Recognize and perform music in sets of two and three.
- Identify and demonstrate fast and slow.