Second-Grade Social Studies Learning ObjectivesGeography
- Compare and contrast absolute and relative location.
- Locate school, community, state and country on a map.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the relationship between seasons, climate and geography.
- Define natural resources.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the various ways in which a location influences the way in which people live.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the culture of our local community.
- Begin to develop an understanding of the local history of our community.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the roles of producers and consumers in our community.
- Observe the way in which our community meets the needs of its citizens.
- Identify economic concepts such as scarcity, market, supply and demand.
- Demonstrate an understanding of citizens’ rights and responsibilities as a member of a community
- Identify the functions of government.
- Identify the structure of local, state and federal government.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the current structure of government and contemporary applications of economics in our community.