Are You "All In" for Clayton Youth?
Are you “All In” for the youth in the Clayton Community? If so, the newly established All In Clayton Coalition is looking for you to help make a difference in its mission to keep Clayton youth safe from the effects of substance abuse. In order to accomplish this mission the Coalition has developed four key goals/objectives for its work:
- To prevent substance use among Clayton youth
- To reduce the prevalence of substance use disorders in Clayton
- To educate the Clayton community on key issues related to substance use disorders
- To advocate for policies and practices that prevent substance use among Clayton youth
Even though the Coalition is just in its infancy it has already been making a difference in many ways including:
- Bringing awareness to the Coalition by being present at events including the Clayton Kids’ Triathlon, Open House events at Clayton High School and Wydown Middle School, and the Clayton High School Homecoming parade and football game
- Providing important information to parents at a recent parent workshop; focusing on current trends in teenage substance use, the heroin epidemic, and the work of the All In Clayton Coalition
- Speaking with the Board of Aldermen for the City of Clayton in order to develop a partnership with key leaders in the Clayton community
To do its work in accomplishing these goals the Coalition, comprised of leaders from both the School District of Clayton and the Clayton community, has formed five committees including an Education Committee, Student Committee, Advocacy Committee, Events Committee, and a Communications Committee. Join a committee to make a difference.
The Coalition is also focused on developing a communication plan designed to inform the community of the important work of this group. All are invited to the All In Clayton Coalition meetings. Learn more about the All In Clayton Coalition at allincoalition.com or find them on Facebook @claymocoalition.