Many companies allow their employees or retirees to direct their charitable giving programs through matching gifts. When an employee notifies the company that he/she has made a charitable donation to the Captain Elementary PTO, the company will make a gift of usually the same amount. Any financial gifts to Captain PTO are eligible to be matched.
How Does it Work?
It is extremely easy to process. Gift matching procedures can vary from company to company. The following example is typical.
1. An employee/retiree gets a matching gift form from the employer, usually from the human resource department or company website.
2. After completing the form, the employee/retiree sends it along with the donation to the educational institution or nonprofit charity.
3. The nonprofit certifies on the form that it has received the gift and meets the company’s guidelines for receiving a matching gift.
4. The nonprofit returns the form to the company.
5. The company verifies eligibility of the employees/retirees and the nonprofit recipient and sends the check to the nonprofit.
Step 1: Does your corporationmatch? Click here https://www.matchinggifts.com/rit/ Use the link to find out if your company will match your PTO donation. You can print or be directed to your companies on-line donation forms through the link..
Step 2: Complete your company’s gift matching form by choosing Clayton School District - Parent Teacher Organization Council tax EIN number 43-1747553
Step 3: Matching donations would be; Funds for Excellence (FFE), Care/Crisis Funds, Dues, Staff Appreciation, After prom donations. Exclusions for matches would be a service/item that you recieved: T-shirt purchases, yearbook purchases and class party fees
Step 4: If there is a memo section, please put your school name/child’s name so that we can get your match donation to your PTO as soon as possible.
You have a year from the time you donate to submit your corporatematch donations. Contact your school PTO Treasurer to confirm your past donations and submit your CorporateMatch donations today!
Your PTO’s thank you and your corporations for their support. Any additional questions, please contact the PTO Council at email@example.com