• Enrollment of Students


      Children who live with a parent or legal guardian whose domicile is within the boundaries of the School District of Clayton may enroll in the District's schools without charge. A family's domicile is defined as its primary, fixed, and permanent residence for legal purposes. To enroll a child as a resident student, families must provide at least two (2) documents to prove that their domicile is within the District.

      Parents must complete the linked Clayton Enrollment Form for their children and return the documents to the School District of Clayton Administration Building located at #2 Mark Twain Circle, Clayton, MO 63105. Please note: You will need to bring an original birth certificate as well as immunization records to complete enrollment. If you are a current resident and have a change of address, please complete the Change of Address Form and return it to the School District of Clayton Administration Building located at #2 Mark Twain Circle, Clayton, MO 63105.

      Proof of Residency:

      Must include one of the following:
      • Property deed in your name or recent mortgage statement
      • Current lease/rental agreement (signed by landlord and tenant)
      In addition we will need one of the following:
      • Real estate tax receipt
      • Current gas or electric utility bill (name and address must be included)
      • Occupancy permit which lists all the occupants of the residence
      Regardless of the documents that may be available, simply owning or renting property within District boundaries does not establish residency; the primary criterion is the location of the family's actual domicile. The District has the right to request additional proofs at any time or to employ other means to verify residency. Under Missouri law, misrepresenting residency is a misdemeanor. If a family's residency status changes or is found to be inaccurately represented, the District may act to recover the cost of services provided.
      Additional Forms:
      For more information on enrollment and registration, please call 314-854-6031. Enrollment for the 2018-2019 school year will begin on Monday, March 5, 2018.

      Additional ways to access the District's schools include:
      • Personal Tuition program
      • Tax Credit Tuition program
      • Voluntary Student Transfer program
      • Placements for children of employees

      For information on the Personal Tuition, Tax Credit Tuition or Voluntary Transfer program, please call 314-854-6023.

Educate. Inspire. Empower.